Don’t despair if you have large hips. Did you know men love the pear-shaped woman? However, if you don’t feel too comfortable with yourself, try a one-piece swimsuit or tankini that pairs a lighter, eye-grabbing top with darker, more subdued bottoms. A low-cut or plunging neckline will draw even more attention to the bust. Also, remember to look for swimsuits with high-cut legs in order to slim the hips and thighs.
The key to a flattering swimsuit is accentuating your positive characteristics in order to draw attention away from less desirable characteristics. For women with pear shapes, the best swimsuit is one with an eye-catching top in a pattern or bright color and a bottom in a darker color that draws attention away from hips and thighs. To accentuate the bust and upper body, try pairing a halter-style bikini or tankini top with a dark bottom with high cut legs.
- If you have a LARGE hips…
Look for high-cut bottoms that elongate your legs.
- Draw the eye upwards with a dramatic neckline.
- Dark briefs scale down hips.
- Patterned tops draw attention to other curves.
- Eye-popping prints distract from ample hips.
- High cut leg openings create a slimming illusion.
- One-piece with empire waist flatters curvy figures.
- Strings hanging on your sides cover up a bit the width of your hips.
- Avoid bright bottoms with dark tops, go for the opposite instead.
- Avoid boy shorts.
- Avoid hipsters.
- Avoid shimmery colors in the hips area.
- Avoid belted bottoms that make your hips seem larger.
- Avoid skirtinins that emphasize the width of your hips.